FieldSense ® Data Privacy Statement
What is the purpose of this document?
QuantumLink Communications Pvt. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “QLC”) and the FieldSense platform are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy statement describes how we collect and use your personal information and data, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
It applies to all users of the FieldSense service and website visitors, known through this document as “users” or “data subjects”.
The FieldSense/QLC is a “data controller”, which means that as per the GDPR, we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy statement. We may update this statement at any time.
Customer(s): Offices, Firms, Legal Entities, Organizations engaged in business or otherwise, to whom the Service is provided.
Administrator: Any and all individuals appointed by Offices, Firms, Legal Entities and such other organizations, to administer the use of Services.
End User: Employees and/or staff of Customers using the Service, .and other users of the website and/or the Service not covered under the definition of Customers and Administrators.
Services: Services provided by QuantumLink Communications Pvt. Ltd. through its FieldSense Platform, Mobile Application, Web Application and website www.fieldsense.in.
User data: All information collected from the Users who use the Services or visit the website www.fieldsense.in.
Personal Information: Information provided by the User such as email, name, date of birth, gender, Internet Protocol address and such other information identifying the User including credit card or other payment information submitted to us through use of the Services.
Business Data: Any personal information and data of User(s) provided by Customers and Administrators for use of the Services will be considered business data.
Information We Collect
How we collect the information
FieldSense may collect and receive User data in a variety of ways:
- Account Information: Personal Information provided to create or update a FieldSense account.
- Usage Information:
- Log data: As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information: FieldSense collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, operating system used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location Information: We receive information from you, your employees and other third-parties that help us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employee, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine the location. FieldSense may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Services: Information available from the User as a result of the User accessing or using third party services through Services.
- Additional Information Provided to FieldSense: User data received by us as a result of the User(s) participating in surveys, contests, activities or events, job applications, demo/technical support, interaction with our social media accounts or other communication with FieldSense and QLC.
Choice to Opt out
User has the choice to opt out and not provide information that is being sought for use of the Services. However, opting out or not providing the complete information will disqualify you from using the Services.
How We Use Information
The User data is collected to provide, improve, personalize, support and make the Services more relevant. The information is also used for research, development of the Services and to track user behavior and preferences. Information collected from User(s) helps us to recommend content, provide alerts and notifications, and provide business insights to Users and the organisation that employs them. The User data could also be used to create effective advertising and marketing of the Services.
FieldSense uses information provided by you for the following purposes:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and Business. This includes use of other information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities with the user’s consent.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use the information provided by you to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. FieldSense tries to make the Services as useful as possible for the customers. For example, we may use information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize the Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about FieldSense. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. FieldSense may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
FieldSense will retain User Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Customer may be able to customize its retention settings and apply those customized settings at the account level. The deletion of Customer Data and other use of the Services by Customer may result in the deletion and/or de-identification of certain other associated information.
With Who Do We Share the Information
Information collected by us is shared, to necessary and reasonable extent, with persons and/or legal entities who aid us render our services to the User. However such persons and legal entities are obligated not to disclose or use the information shared for any purpose other than to facilitate the services, engagements and tasks assigned to them by us.
We may have to disclose User information and any service related information with respect to Users, when required by law or in case of legal summons and proceedings. The User will be notified of such disclosure within the period required by statute.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how FieldSense may share and disclose information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of information, and FieldSense does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose information.
- Customer’s Instructions: FieldSense will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services: When a User submits information, it may be displayed to other Users in the same or connected accounts. For example, a User’s name, gender, email address, and mobile number may be displayed with their account profile.
- Collaborating with Others: The Services provide different ways for Users working in an account to collaborate, such as the “My Team” interface, which enables the users to learn about each other’s historical and current activities and location and work collaboratively.
- Customer Access: Company Owners & Account Administrators may be able to access, modify or restrict access to information. Users sending requests to access, modify, restrict or delete data will be asked to contact the Company Owner or Account Administrators.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners: We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide insights on the usage of a Customers’ users/employees. The Company Owners or the Account Administrators may enable or disable Third Party Services. When enabled, FieldSense may share information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by FieldSense and third parties that have been granted access to your information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. Please check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
- Corporate Affiliates: FieldSense may share information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
We use industry standards and procedures that are commercially reasonable to secure the User data. While we do use our best efforts to secure the User data, we do not warrant or guarantee the security of any information that the User may transmit to or through the Service or store on the Service. In case of security systems breach, we may attempt to notify the User electronically. Upon notice of security breach either through us or otherwise, the User is required to take appropriate steps to protect User data and to mitigate the loss that may occur due to the breach. If security breach is first noticed by the User it is expected that the User shall report such breach forthwith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children below the age of 16.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, FieldSense does not allow use of Services by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will takes steps to delete such information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.
Your Rights: Access, Deletion and Modification of User Data
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, User(s) may, through the Administrator, grant and/or remove access from FieldSense account, assign roles, configure settings, modify, export, share and/or delete User Data other than Business data. . However, the User(s) cannot delete, modify, share, withdraw or provide access to Business Data unless the Customer has consented to the requested action and we receive such request from the Customer directly. .
Please also feel free to contact FieldSense if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or if you are seeking to exercise any of your statutory rights. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.